The last time you plunged a ball towards your Labrador; did it sit motionless without any intention of running and bringing it back to you? Do you often notice your German Shepherd spiritless and inactive? Does your happy and playful Beagle looks tired and lazy always? May be it's time for you to consider expert veterinary care for your beloved. Before the symptoms worsen, seek an ideal vet clinic to find the reason behind the changed behavior of your pet and get it cured with expert help.
When it comes to choosing a veterinary hospital for your pet, get more wise and careful with your selection. It is important that you take care of certain factors while choosing the perfect vet care. The next time you take your pet to a hospital, make sure that the place has the following facilities and services available.
- Immunization and wellness program: The hospital should have wellness programs designed for your pet. This program can include physical and oral assessment, vaccination program, specialized blood tests, and parasite testing and risk assessment to decide which protocol your pet needs for protection against diseases.
- Oral care: Regular dental care can increase the life span of your pet by 3-5 years. The clinic should conduct a complete oral and neck exam using modern techniques. As a part of this dental care routine, the teeth of your pet should be cleaned and polished to resist plaque and tartar build-up. Digital dental radiography and advanced dental surgery should also be available to diagnose hidden problems.
- Emergency and critical care: The hospital should provide access to a well-equipped emergency center with trained staff even outside regular business hours.
- Nutrition counseling: The hospital should be certified to counsel you in choosing the right diet for your pet. A balanced diet will help keep your pet happy, healthy and active.
- Pain management: Multi-modal approach to manage pain should be offered by the hospital through special therapies, diets and medicines.
- Microchip installation: Microchip installation helps in reuniting lost pets with their family. If you are living in a disaster prone area, make sure to avail this service from your veterinary clinic to save your pet from abandonment in case it is lost.
- Rehabilitation program: Choose a hospital with a certified rehabilitation program for your pet. Physical therapies and rehabilitation plans are necessary for the speedy healing after an injury or a surgery.
- Ultrasound: The hospital should offer this noninvasive, state-of-the-art technology to painlessly examine certain internal organs. Apart from conducting pregnancy tests, this technique is a growing tool to examine heart and abdominal organs.